running on ice

Monday, June 23, 2008

piggy-back rides and leap frogs

when i was a little girl, i would beg my dad to give me piggy-back rides. at some point, i grew out of that, and the piggy-back rides were just a distant memory.

little did i know, i'd be riding on the back of some poor girl during bootcamp tonight and vice versa.

oh, and did i mention we rode each other (yeah, i know how that sounds) up a pretty sizable hill?

yeah. sweet.

add in leap frogs, chariots of fire (my partner holding on to the back of my shirt while i ran up the hill), pushing my partner up the hill and just some good old fashioned sprints, this hill workout was insanity - but a good kind of insanity. i felt really great actually. don't get me wrong - my legs still burned like hell, and i still felt like i might puke by the last run up the hill, but overall it was a great workout.

we also did some strength drills to start the workout, which wasn't so bad. the major had a video camera with him tonight, and he was filming us. i'm not sure i want to know what it's for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home